Environment Week: Small actions, big impact
Aramco invites employees and dependents to help protect our valuable water resources by making changes to their daily habits.
The Ministry of Environment, Water, and Agriculture is establishing and implementing an annual Environment Week in the second week of March.
Each year, the week will help highlight the importance of conserving natural resources — it will be a time to encourage actions among governments, businesses, nongovernment organizations, and individuals, to take solid steps to protect the environment.
Aramco already plays an essential role when it comes to protecting and safeguarding the environment. The company is committed to improving air quality, conserving and reusing water, protecting and restoring marine and terrestrial resources (such as mangroves and native trees), and protecting and enhancing biodiversity.
During Environment Week, Aramco’s Environmental Protection organization invites employees and their dependents to contribute further by making changes to daily habits to save resources. Take the initiative by conserving energy and water, for example, and by recycling and protecting the Kingdom’s wonderful biodiversity. Small steps, when taken by many people, can make a big difference.
Aramco’s commitments are applicable year-round, of course — not only during Environment Week — and we encourage individuals to act responsibly throughout the year.
Read more about Aramco’s Environmental Protection efforts at the following links:
- Biodiversity commitments & protected areas
- Promoting biodiversity
- Saudi Aramco’s biodiversity protection areas
- 2 million mangroves added to the carbon front line | Aramco Life
- VIDEO Mangrove Eco Park | Aramco Life
- Mangrove eco-park | Aramco Life
- Real stories inspire seeding tomorrow | Aramco Life
- VIDEO How we use drones to fight desertification | Aramco Life
- VIDEO Drones battle desertification in al Hasa | Aramco Life
- VIDEO Using technology to save the oases in al Hasa | Aramco Life
Caption for top photo: Aramco has driven an effort to plant millions of mangroves to help the environment.