Saudi Arabian Oil Company (“Saudi Aramco”), is a Saudi joint stock company established in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (the “Kingdom”) by virtue of Royal Decree No. M/8, dated 4/4/1409H (corresponding 13/11/1988G) and registered in the city of Dhahran under commercial registration no 2052101150.
Your privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust is a priority. This Privacy Notice informs you that information submitted by you or collected by Saudi Aramco may be processed for the purposes below.
- aramco Life is provided to Saudi Aramco employees and the public at large so that, we can:
- Provide the user with interesting and relevant content (specific to the individual).
- Extend the reach of relevant Saudi Aramco publications to Saudi Aramco employees.
- Extend the reach of relevant Saudi Aramco publications to the public at large.
- Enlarge digital footprint of certain Saudi Aramco publications and extend the reach publicly (digital vs limited print distribution) and social sharing.
- Provide real-time content on a daily basis, so that the reader has information at their fingertips.
- Provide a level of engagement with our employees via commenting and likes providing insight into the news and stories in the news in Saudi Aramco.
Information we collect
When you use Saudi Aramco Life, we will need to use information about you (“Personal Data”) which we collect by using information we already hold about you to allow you to use the platform. Personal Data which we may collect and/or use by using the platform includes your Personal Data such as:
- User profile (e.g. username and password) When you log-in, you enter your user name and password so that you will be able to obtain, access and possibly share outward facing stories via social media (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook).
- Your Language Preference: English or Arabic This information is needed so that we can provide you with stories in your language of choice.
- Email Address: Your personal email address or Saudi Aramco email address This information is needed to communicate with you about new stories being posted and as directed by your preferences.
- Cookies / Device information: Certain cookies are collected to allow us to improve our App and make your experience better. We provide more information on this within our cookie notice.
- Legal and Compliance: We may need to use some of your Personal Data to comply with Saudi Aramco’s legal obligations under applicable laws, respond to legal requests, administrative or judicial process, or to otherwise defend our legal rights.
Collection, processing and use of your Personal Data
- We collect your Personal Data in connection with your use of Saudi Aramco Life including the following:
- When you log-in (e.g. user name and password).
- When you provide us with your email address.
- When you otherwise use Saudi Aramco Life(this is collected via cookies and we provide more information about this within our cookie notice ).
We process and use your Personal Data in connection with your use of Saudi Aramco Life to support the overarching objectives above which include the following:
- Provide you with our publications / content. This includes real-time content on a daily basis, as opposed to a scheduled print cycle;
- Increase levels of engagement with our employees and the public at large via commenting, likes, and quick polls (for employees only). It will provide two-way communication and a feedback cycle (employees only) which is not available through print;
- Provide users with more engaging content.
How we might share your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with third parties. We may need to do this:
- Where we need assistance from third parties to grant you access to Saudi Aramco Life and facilitate posting of information, content and/or otherwise operate the platform;
- To enforce or apply any agreements we have with you (or (as applicable);
- To third party suppliers and vendors who we use to support our business, including but not limited to the operation, features and functionality of Saudi Aramco Life, and those who provide information technology and system administration services to us.
How we protect and handle your Personal Data
We use robust technical and organizational measures to protect any personal information we process about you. All Saudi Aramco personnel who have access to your Personal Data operate under strict corporate guidelines to ensure the protection of the data and compliance with applicable local data protection laws and regulations.
We store and host your Personal Data within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Your Personal Data may also be stored, hosted, processed and shared by third parties supporting the App outside of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The laws on processing such information, including where such information is classed as "personal data", in these locations may be less stringent than in your country. We will take all steps reasonably necessary and/or required by applicable data protection laws to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this notice and applicable law.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We will keep Personal Data for as long as we have a relationship with you and when you use Saudi Aramco Life. Following, we shall retain this for a period of seven, (7) years or such longer period as required by law and/or to protect our legal interests.
We will not keep any information for longer than is strictly necessary and when we no longer need the information, we will securely destroy it in accordance with our internal policies or anonymize it. Should you require earlier deletion, you may discuss this by contacting us here.
Under certain applicable laws and in accordance with Saudi Aramco policies, you may have certain rights in relation to your Personal Data. These rights include right to access the Personal Data that you provided to or is being used by Saudi Aramco in connection with Saudi Aramco Life. You may also have the right to:
- Request a copy of what Personal Data we have on you;
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Data; and/or
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data.
For collection and use based on legitimate interests, you may object to processing of your personal information. To that effect you can contact Saudi Aramco in writing at the email address provided below. Should you object to the processing of your information this may, without limitation, impede your access to Saudi Aramco Life.
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. These will be made here and we’d recommend you take a look from time to time.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us here.
This Privacy Notice was last modified on: 10 December 2020.