VIDEO: Mangroves play a crucial role for habitats and people
Protecting against erosion and acting as carbon sinks are just a couple of the benefits mangrove plantations provide.
Over the past two decades, we planted more than
mangroves along the shores of the Arabian Gulf and Red Sea.
We recognize the importance of mangroves and their crucial role in benefiting
biodiversity and people
- sequestering carbon emissions
- protecting coastlines from erosion
- enhancing biodiversity and local ecosystems
- removing water impurities before reaching marine habitats
- reducing coastal flooding
- providing nesting grounds for marine species and birds
Through our mangrove planting initiatives, we aim to protect this natural resource