Petroleum Engineering Annual Awards recognize excellence
Twenty teams, 113 individuals recognized in categories ranging from Digital Transformation to Employee Engagement.
As part of Petroleum Engineering’s (PE) focus on employee engagement and appreciation, the organization recently recognized top performing employees and teams.
Twenty teams and 113 individuals across various departments were awarded for excellence in six key areas, including:
- Digital Transformation
- Sustainability and Stewardship
- Process Enhancement and Optimization
- Outstanding Asset Team
- Safety and Cybersecurity
- Employee Engagement
Excellence in action
The awards were distributed to the winners by Waleed A. Al-Mulhim, senior vice president of Petroleum Engineering and Development (PE&D), and Ali A. Al-Meshari, vice president and chief petroleum engineer.
Recognizing and celebrating the outstanding PE achievements of 2022 is not just a way to boost morale and motivation, but it also reinforces the values that drive us forward and inspires us to strive for an even greater future.
— Waleed A. Al-Mulhim
In his opening remarks, Al-Meshari noted that, “2022 was an exceptional year with many accomplishments across all fronts.” Al-Meshari also stressed the importance of employee engagement in enabling the organization to sustainably deliver more achievements, and highlighted PE’s key achievements.
For outstanding advancements and developments in IR 4.0, big data, and analytics:
- AI Lab Team: Vladislav Torlov, Hussain Qahtani, and Abdullah Haji
- SHYB AI Team: Ahmed Khamees, Bader Shammasi, Abdulrahman Albukhari, and Hasan Nourdeen
- Storagize Development Team: Mohammad Altwaijri, Aamir Badr, Ziyad Alali, Osamah Alluhaidan, and Laila Mira.
Sustainability and Stewardship
For outstanding work in the reduction of the environmental footprint of PE’s operations, carbon intensity reduction, and promotion of sustainability within the oil and gas industry:
- RD&SD Sustainability Team: Hasan Nourdeen, Ibrahim Abdulwahab, Abdullah Alakeely, Ahmed Alawagi, Amena Alelg, and Ranyah Albeesh
- ‘Uthmaniyah EOR Team: Essam Alyan, Mohamed Bouaouaja, Abdullah Sada, Turki Alzahrani, and Kanu Kingsley
- Upstream's Carbon Storage Guidelines: Khalid Binmoqbil, Muneera Saadoun, Malik Arfaj, Angelo Vidal Faez, Ahmed Nasser, Obai Taibah, Shatha Alnaji, Yaser Khojah, Hassan Zayer, Abdulaziz Tubayyeb, Othman Alabdulwahab, Riyad Thaqeb, Abdalrasheed Hashem, Mohammed Shawaf, Ammar Ali, Mohammed Ali, and Ala’ Alzayer.
Process Enhancement and Optimization
For outstanding enhancements and optimization to PE business processes and workflows, such as intelligent field initiatives and optimization of production, business plan processes, and simulation workflows:
- Reservoir Analytics and Intelligent Solutions Team: Saleh Sayari, Kamran Sabir, Ahmad Arab, and Mohammed Alshehri
- Gas Reservoir Management Department: Mohammed Asiri, Ehdaa Alawami, Hussain Abdrabalnabi, and Mohd Ibrahim
- Northern Area IRS Teams: Mohammad Kanfar, Khaled Kilany, Mohammad Salamah, Olumide Akinsanmi, Wisam Shaker, Yahya Ghuwaidi, Heba Mana, Hassan Behairy, Ahmad Harbi, Nauman Aqeel, Mohd Ghazali Abd Karim, Noureddine Rahmouni, Mostfa Abualsaud, and Goar Combs
- Production and Facilities Development Department: Mohammed Medallah, Fahad AlMuaibed, Hussain Khamees, Abdulaziz Bashammakh, Ibrahim Dossari, Abdolrahman Alsaif, Hind Rayes, and Ayoub Aneddame
- IPEER Team: Thamer Rafie, Ahmed Attar, Inemesit Ekong, Ibrahim Bu Gubaia, Othman Abdulwahab, Ibrahim AlGhamdi, Mohammed Salamah, Suha Kayum, Khaled Kilany, Mohammed Kanfar, Hassan Zayer, Babatunde Moriwawon, and Aymen Ramadhan.
Outstanding Asset Team
For the asset team with the most outstanding initiatives proposed, with the highest business impact:
- Safaniyah Asset Team: Team leader, Anas Shuaibi
- South Ghawar Asset Team: Team leader, Talal Mousa
- Northern Area Gas Asset Team: Team leader, Ahmed Hutheli.
Safety and Cybersecurity
For outstanding achievements of the highest safety standards, lowest violations, and most positive responses to phishing email tests, as well as efforts to promote cybersecurity:
- Information Protection Team: Zain Marhabi, Khaled Hawashin, Ayoub Aneddame, Faisal Qadda, Mohammed Hassan, Sara Mahroos, and Abdulrahman Alharbi.
- GRMD Safety and Cybersecurity Team: Fahad Darweesh, Mohammed Islam, and Ibrahim Gawish
- Production & Facilities Development Department: Fahad Shinaiber, Saleh Mahamed, Alaa Shawly, Malik Attar, Ahmed Ghamdi, and Abdulkareem Alnafea.
For the most effective employee engagement initiatives and programs:
- PE Core Team: Abdullah AlNajem, Mayadah Alhashem, Ibrahim Almusharaf, Hamdi Alramadan, Shouxiang Ma, and Hisham Salem
- PE Recruitment Team: Hasan Ahmadi, Thamer Rafie, Hind Rayes, AbdulAziz Dejain, Bahi Mashat, Jamal Mufleh, Anas Shuaibi, Tareq Zahrani, Talal Mousa, Mohammed Ajmi, Maytham Ismail, Nayif Jama, and Mohammed Medallah
- RD&SD Employee Engagement: Ali Binali and Mansour Dawsari.