Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Dental Services introduces Dental Patient Care Coordination
Coordinator will help patients manage care and treatment plan, as well as help communication between dentist and patient.
To provide patients with the best treatment experience and help them manage their dental care, Dental Services at Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare (JHAH) has introduced Dental Patient Care Coordination as a new role within Dental Services.
The dental patient care coordinator will serve as a navigator, helping patients manage their dental care and the treatment plan designed by their dentist on record and as a point of contact to maintain an open line of communication between patients and their Dental Care providers.
Patients are assigned to the dental patient care coordinator through their clinician for a smooth dental treatment journey. The patient coordinator’s duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help patients in completing paperwork related to their treatment.
- Educate patients about their dental care options, ensuring the patients understand their treatment plan and the benefits of treatment.
- Manage each patient’s case while maintaining confidentiality for staff and patients.
- Maintain open lines of communication between patients, their families, and health care providers.
- Monitor patients’ progress toward their dental goals and ensure their referrals to specialists.
- Trace patients with lengthy treatment plans throughout their journey to ensure continuity of care.
- Handle Pediatric Dentistry patient bookings for OR cases, pre-admission, cancellation, rebooking, and follow-up post-surgery.
- Handle hospital dentistry or inpatient consultations and coordinate booking, cancellation, rebooking, and follow-up for hospital dentists.
About JHAH’s dental patient care coordinator
Dental Services is pleased to announce the designation of Amal Al Masri as the dental patient care coordinator.
Al Masri completed her Dental Assisting education program at the Saudi Aramco Training Center. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from King Faisal University and is OSHA certified. Additionally, Al Masri has 26 years of professional experience as a Dental Educator.
Caption for top photo: Amal Almasri is the new Dental Patient Care coordinator at Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare.