Aramco Asia focuses on quality and technical challenges at virtual forum
Event strives to develop and enhance long-term partnerships with key to secure best-in-class technologies and services.
Aramco Asia recently hosted the 2021 Quality and Technical Excellence Forum to examine evolving quality and technical challenges.
Over 150 participants, comprising quality professionals, accredited suppliers, engineering firms, and service and technology providers from across the region attended the virtual event to share ideas, explore solutions and enhance the understanding of Aramco’s latest quality and engineering standards and requirements.
With the theme of “Toward Sustainability and Continual Improvement,” the forum highlighted corporate commitment for quality and sustainability along with aligning standards across the region and carrying forward cost-effective quality management and engineering services.
In his message to the forum, Aramco Asia president Anwar A. Al Hejazi, noted, “We are committed to safely and efficiently meet operational objectives of Aramco. Such events strive to develop and enhance long-term partnerships with key stakeholders in the region to secure best-in-class technologies and services while promoting and expanding strategic supply chain portfolio and in-Kingdom manufacturing.”
Mohammad W. Al Qahtani, vice president of Aramco Asia’s Engineering & Technical Services, said, “Our purpose today is to share ideas and best practices of the latest and evolving quality and technical solutions and explore ways for closer engagement across the region. Therefore, it is important to pool together our expertise and support each other to achieve our ultimate goal of operational excellence in a safe working environment.”
In-depth insight and analysis
Participants were treated to insight discussions on the progress made on Aramco standards.
- In his presentation “Quality Excellence Model in Projects and Operating Facilities,” Yasser Al Subhi, Aramco Asia Quality Management head, introduced the quality management model, the company’s quality journey in Asia and focus areas.
- Hani Baba, from Aramco India, briefed the audience on the regional quality management structure, background and performance.
- Adrian Wang, from the China engineering service team, analyzed the challenges and collaboration opportunities to tackle them.
- YoungIl Kim, from Korea engineering, shared an interesting presentation on welding procedure requirements and common pitfalls.
- “Opportunities for Excellence and Improvement,” presented by Rashid Al Hajri, quality management manager in China, reviewed terminal intent and objectives, scope and methodology, and offered recommendations.
Additionally, two case studies were presented by company suppliers examining technologies that have been adopted to serve operational needs.
- Korea supplier D Solution presented “3D Laser Scanning for Dimensional Inspection,” which provides engineering and consulting services in various sci-tech fields like plant, BIM, architecture, and civil engineering.
- Welspun, from India, presented “Automatic Pipe Dimension Measurement System,” which strives to automate the dimensional measurement process at the pipe manufacturing location for reducing manual intervention and enhancing precision on dimensional measurement.
Al Subhi affirmed in his closing remarks the collective alignment toward business objectives and interests and openness for ideas that advance quality management and address common challenges.