Together, we have the power to defeat COVID-19
New measures enacted to prevent resurgence in Coronavirus.
A year has passed since COVID-19 first appeared on the horizon. Together, we have had many demands placed on us to minimize the spread of the virus and it is natural that fatigue can set in. However, as highlighted by Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Health (MOH) announcement made on Feb. 4, now is not the time to let down our guard.
With a recent rise in COVID-19 cases in the Kingdom, the MOH has introduced a set of new measures to protect the public and ensure that health facilities are not placed under undue pressure.
The requirements issued on Feb. 4 by the MOH
• Suspending all events and parties (including corporate meetings) in banquet and hotel facilities and independent wedding halls, as well as in housing areas and camps
• Suspending all entertainment activities and events
• No more than 20 people may gather for any social event
• Closure of cinemas, indoor entertainment centers, gyms and sports centers
• Suspending dining services within restaurants and cafes, with only takeout services available.
All of us have a collective duty to follow these new guidelines and continue to adhere to the preventative measures of hand washing, mask wearing, and social distancing.
The growing availability of COVID-19 vaccines across the world and in Saudi Arabia is truly something to celebrate. However, whether you have had the vaccine or not, collectively, we still have a responsibility to continue to follow COVID-19 prevention guidelines and precautionary measures.
By remaining vigilant and adhering to the MOH’s new guidelines, together we protect ourselves, our families, our friends, our work colleagues, and our community.
All of us should continue to avoid large gatherings, and if attending small gatherings, continue to take precautions, including maintaining social distancing, regular hand washing, and mask wearing.
Remember, by keeping a two-meter distance from others, even if the people around you appear healthy, you are helping to prevent the viruses’ spread.
Together, we have the power to defeat COVID-19.