Keep your guard up against COVID-19
As threat of another wave looms, stay vigilant.
The world breathed a collective sigh of relief when COVID-19 vaccines were announced, approved, and started to be distributed across the globe.
Anticipating that the virus will soon become obsolete, we all signed up to take the vaccine to protect ourselves from COVID-19, and in doing so, eradicate it.
But the danger of COVID-19 is still around us, and we cannot let our guard down now that we are nearing the end of the fight. Stay vigilant because the threat of COVID-19 has not disappeared.
Whether you have taken the COVID-19 vaccine or not, you should follow the recommended preventive measures and abide by the following 3 Ws to stop the virus until we end the pandemic.
Wash your hands
Hand hygiene is one of the most important acts that will help prevent the spread of the new coronavirus.
To correctly practice hand hygiene, be sure to wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 40 to 60 seconds, or if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer for 20 to 30 seconds.
Tip: Check the label of your alcohol-based hand sanitizer to make sure it is at least 62% alcohol.
Wear a mask
Wearing a face mask can help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Even if you have taken the vaccine, you must continue to wear a mask to protect yourself and those around you.
A face mask should be worn at all times when leaving the house, according to the Saudi Ministry of Health’s current guidelines.
How do I wear a cloth mask correctly?
1. Before putting on your face mask, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 40 to 60 seconds, or sanitize your hands for 20 to 30 seconds, and make sure the mask fits securely against the sides of your face.
2. While wearing a mask, avoid touching the mask or your eyes, nose, and mouth.
3. Before you remove your mask, wash your hands (or sanitize) again, and avoid touching your eyes.
4. When removing your mask, handle it only by the ear straps.
5. Repeat hand hygiene again immediately after removing the mask.
6. Cloth masks should be machine or hand washed in hot water with laundry soap after each use and dried thoroughly. This is sufficient for sterilization.
7. If you are using a disposable face mask, dispose of it responsibly in a covered trash can.
Watch your distance
You can prevent the spread of COVID-19 by keeping a two-meter distance from others at all times, even if the people around you appear to be healthy.
You should continue to avoid large gatherings, and if attending small gatherings, you still need to take precautions and keep your distance from those around you while also wearing a mask at all times.
This will help slow the spread of COVID-19 and will help you protect yourself, your loved ones and everyone in your community.
Although a COVID-19 vaccine is available, we have a responsibility to continue following the COVID-19 prevention guidelines and precautionary measures to win the fight against this pandemic.
For more JHAH COVID-19 prevention content, visit https://www.jhah.com/en/new-coronavirus/useful-resources.
Register to take the COVID-19 vaccine
Getting a COVID-19 vaccine can protect you and the people around you.
Register your interest in the COVID-19 vaccine with the Ministry of Health.
For more specific information on the COVID-19 vaccine, please contact the Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 helpline at 937.
Visit our COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ page.
What are the tips before getting vaccinated?
• Advise the clinician if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or any other illness.
• Inform the clinician about your medical history if you have a chronic disease, such as diabetes or asthma.
• Advise the clinician if you are taking medication and/or if you have allergies to any known vaccines or medications.