Photographic Memory: Going mobile
Touring clinics were common in Aramco’s early days.
This mobile clinic is one of three that the company began operating in 1954 in the Abqaiq industrial area. The clinics toured industrial areas and gave on-the-spot treatment for minor injuries, thus saving employees trips to a health center. Because of the distance required to get to a health center, most employees neglected their injuries and cuts. Each mobile clinic was staffed with one doctor and one nurse, and they toured areas as remote as Ras al- Misha‘ab, Nariyah and the Rub‘ al-Khali. (Photo by Khalil Rissas)